Jackson is really starting to blossom into quite the character! His amazing personality is shining through more and more. We can't help but laugh and smile with him everyday, how blessed we are! A few cute Jax stories..
While looking around Kohls, Jax fell in love with a stuffed animal sheep, after many attempts at trying to change his mind, he finally got Eric to buy it. The man in front of us at the cashiers was taking longer than Jax thought he should be, next thing you know Eric and I hear "hurry up man" and both of us look at Jax and start laughing. I'm sure those around us thought we were rude for laughing but Jax said it so clearly and appropriately we were so happy! He wanted his sheep!! ... Due to the hectic schedule Jax has had lately, I thought he was ready for a break so I went to his school early on Wed. to get him. He was in his classroom preparing for rest time and was very adamant that he stay at school, "me school lay down" .."bye mom" and said it so loud it made his classmates giggle... I've discovered he is ready for summer, he tried on some swimming trunks this weekend and would not take them off to leave the store!..WELL, if you ever see a young boy wearing trunks in winter at the store & tag still is on, you now know why. :) Fun explaining this to the store.
I attended a brain injury conference on Friday and was able to hear our Mr. Brilliant neurosurgeon Dr. Grabb discuss the impact TBI has on survivors. It was both informational and emotional. It brings me back to saying, "I'm so grateful and blessed to hold my beautiful boy everyday!" Whatever he recovers, whatever he doesn't, it doesn't matter. I just want him to feel unconditional love every day of his life! After hearing all the scientific information, I can't help but be astonished with how great Jackson is doing and how much fight is in him.
Another important topic brought up at the conference wasn't a scientific one or a medical statistic, it was purely that those who suffer from a TBI have a much better recovery IF they are surrounded by a supportive and healthy home life. I can't express how much we owe to our families for their encouragement, love, acceptance and understanding. They are the GREATEST and we appreciate them so much! They are the framework of our journey and without them we would not be standing.
The dentist asked Jax last week, after hearing about his hemispherectomy, if anyone has told him that he is of his right mind. :) He sure is.
Swallow study results showed that Jax had some aspiration when drinking from an open cup. He did great with thin liquids from a straw. So, if we give him open cup it will have to be with thickened liquids. No problem, we definitely want to avoid all aspiration risks.
Thanking God everyday for 4 months seizure free!
Tina
No comments:
Post a Comment